How do I develop a character?
With a few simple questions you can make the process of character creation easier.
Take this image of a cat from Pixabay.
- Is it male or female?
- What’s its name?
- What’s its goal?
- Why does it have this goal?
- What is stopping it from achieving its goal?
- Does it have any quirks?
- What do others say about it?
- What does its best friend say about it?
- What does its rival say about it?
- What flaws and strengths does it have?
- If put into a perilous situation, how would it react?
- If put into a pleasant situation, how would it react?
The great thing is once you start answering these questions, more arrive. Pretty soon, you have a full character.
This post is based on opinion and personal experience; it is not to be taken as professional advice.
Until the next wormhole…thanks for reading!
Got any writing questions? Ask away in the comments!
The Adventures Continue in the Dogboy Universe!
Action, adventure, and sci-fi fantasy await within the pages of the Dogboy Chronicles.
Join Joe Rover and his friends as they protect their hometown from the forces of evil…and the forces of daily life.
Click below to find a store or follow me on Amazon for book updates.